DRINK?, the new OPEN CALL by Laguna~B
Laguna~B is a dynamic Venice-based company setting the standards of excellence in the world of drinking glassware. The company was founded in 1994 by Marie Brandolini, a pioneer in contemporary glass design, who transformed the then-casual aesthetics of Goto de Fornasa – an everyday cup the maestri used to make for themselves with leftovers – into the iconic glass-type that is so common today, with her signature interpretation. In 2016 Marie’s son, Marcantonio, took over the business and reimagined Laguna~B as the forward-thinking company it is today. An example of the brand vision is the site’s About page, which reads: “As a company producing what we consider non-essential goods, we believe our work should have a positive impact.” A strong statement that, at the same time, encapsulates all of Laguna~B’s commitment.
“DRINK?” Open Call
Laguna~B launched “DRINK?”, an international open call inviting students to design a drinking glass that, while maintaining traditional functional features, is original and breaks the rules of traditional tableware. The goal is testing designers’ creativity in converting an every-day object into something out of the ordinary.
- The winning design will be chosen according to its functionality, aesthetic quality, sustainability and originality
- The winner will be awarded a cash prize of € 2500
- Participation is free and open to design students at any level, aged 18 or older
- Applicants can submit their project with the application form until June 20, 2023 via email at [email protected]
- The finalists will be announced on July 17, and will be asked to develop a prototype
The winning design – to be celebrated with a public event at the end of the year – will be chosen by the team of Laguna~B, a multi-faceted reality investing in creativityand promoting a conscious approach to technology, while working to reduce itsenvironmental impact at all stages. By embracing these core values, Laguna~B offers designers the opportunity to explore unseen and innovative ways to design a glass of water.
Read DRINK? Rules here
For any question write to [email protected]