From October 7th to 9th EDIT Napoli, the fair dedicated to authorial and independent design will be back in Naples. For its fourth consecutive edition, established realities will be returning alongside new figures and firms that are representative of the living sector, showing ceramics, textiles, furnishings, surfaces and lighting.
A special area will be reserved for exhibitors under 30 and for firms under three years old, who will be displaying their products in the Seminario area. This year it will exceptionally be conceived by students of the Accademia di design e arti visive Abadir of Catania, and will feature a generous delegation from the Netherlands thanks to the Young Dutch Titans call, launched for the second year running in collaboration with the Embassy and Consulate-General of the Netherlands in Italy.
The EDIT Napoli mission
“Let’s be fair” says Domitilla Dardi, speaking for what the event claims to be. Not just in the sense of fair/event but also understood to be the adjective which best describes all the qualities EDIT Napoli strives for in terms of design – fairness, equality, appropriateness, beauty.
“We are an independent fair”, explains Emilia Petruccelli, “which in these past four years has had to come to terms with a difficult context but which has found its way and a business identity thanks to courageous choices, a clear-cut community of designers that supports us and a territory – that of the region of Campania – which allows us to generate added value with contents and connections at an international level. We are growing together.”
The main venue of the event, the Complesso Monumentale di San Domenico Maggiore, will be where new products from a broad range of different contexts will be presented. Each year a panel of experts in the field assigns a prize, giving creatives the opportunity to return to display their products the following year at EDIT Napoli and at the Padiglione Brera of the FuoriSalone in Milan.
Alongside the fair itself, which attracts large numbers of visitors in terms of both experts and enthusiasts, each year EDIT Napoli develops various special projects:
- Astrid Luglio for Feudi di San Gregorio has designed a bar using the materials and craft techniques of Irpinia. In October, as part of the event, the bar will be installed within San Domenico Maggiore.
- Design Lab of the San Patrignano community, together with artist Agostino Iacurci, well-known for his large-scale wall paintings, has been busy setting up a fascinating exhibition which will completely transform the entrance of the Complesso Monumentale di San Domenico Maggiore.
- EDIT Napoli has started a new collaboration with VID | Venice Innovation Design, the event which focuses on the process of urban regeneration on the island of the Venice lagoon. For the first time, the two events will be twinned, enabling certain exhibitors selected by EDIT Napoli to take part in the next event that will be hosted in Venice.
Much excitement surrounds the EDIT Cult initiative, a programme of exhibitions spread out over various venues and dedicated to the culture of designing, with the aim of opening to the public and promoting some of Naples’ finest locations that will be hosting presentations of projects with an international reach.
- Allegra Hicks and the silk tapestry work “DIVINAZIONE”, Church of SS. Filippo e Giacomo
- Michele De Lucchi with “Le Casette delle Pezzentelle”, Church museum of Santa Luciella
- Piet Hein Eek with the retrospective “PARALLELS” at Fondazione Made in Cloister, with a selection of young Dutch designers who embrace the philosophy of sustainability and who will be displaying their creations. They are JB Gambier, Teun zwets, Sho Ota, Massimo Pavan, Paul Coenen, Rikkert Paauw, Tweek eek.
- Rumi Dalle for House of Today – Palazzo Venezia. Back for the second year running, House of Today with a new artist, Rumi Dalle. After studying the techniques of ancient Neapolitan craftsmanship, Dalle opted to collaborate with papier-mâché craftswoman Teresa Cervo in the creation of the new works that will be presented at EDIT Napoli.
- Patricia Urquiola | HYBRIDA | Made in EDIT. This year’s EDIT Cult also includes the presentation of the freshly restored didactic garden within the Istituto Caselli Real Fabbrica di Capodimonte. The projectwas made possible thanks to the solidarity auction, held in collaboration with Christie’s, of the prototypes of the HYBRIDA collection designed by Patricia Urquiola.
Don’t miss EDIT Napoli, from 7 to 9 October 2022 at Complesso di San Domenico Maggiore, Vico San Domenico Maggiore 18, Napoli.
Cover, Vico di San Domenico Maggiore, ph. Elio Rosato
Director EDIT Napoli: Emilia Petruccelli
Curator EDIT Napoli: Domitilla Dardi
Aina Kari (Italy) – www.aina-kari.com
Alexander Kirkeby (Denmark) – www.alexanderkirkeby.com
antoniolupi (Italy) – www.antoniolupi.it
Atelier Malak (France) – ateliermalak.net
Atlasproject (Italy) – www.atlasproject.it
BELVEDERE – Luca De Bona – Massimiliano Tuveri – VZN Studio (Italy)
bolzan (Italy) – www.bolzanletti.it
ccontinua+mamt (Italy) – www.instagram.com/ccontinua_
Cimento® (Italy) – www.cimentocollection.com
Coloriage (Italy) – www.coloriage.it
CuoreCarpenito (Italy) – www.cuorecarpenito.com
Dante Negro (Italy) – www.dantenegro.com
delsavio 1910 (Italy) – cargocollective.com/paolomarasidesign
Eleit.it (Italy) – eleit.it
Errante (Italy) – errantedesign.com
Fabula (Italy) – instagram.com/fabulastories/?hl=en
FMM Design (Italy) – fmm.design
Forma&Cemento (Italy) – www.formacemento.com
Galapagos (Italy) – www.galapagos-galapagos.com
GIO AIO (Italy) – www.gioaio.com
Gioel Milano (Italy) – www.gioelmilano.com
Incalmi (Italy) – www.incalmi.com
Inoxeart (Italy) – www.inoxeart.com
LAM Ceramica (Italy) – lamvenezia.com
MADE IN EDIT (Italy) – madeinedit.it
Mademoiselle Jo (Belgium) – www.mademoisellejo.com
Maison Matisse (France) – www.maison-matisse.com
Marco Ripa (Italy) – www.marcoripa.it
Medaarch (Italy) – www.medaarch.design/mediterranea
Millim Studio (Italy) – www.millimstudio.com
MONOFERMENTS (Italy) – www.monostudiomilano.com
Monogramma Studio (Italy) – www.mogrammastudio.com
MOS design (Italy) – www.mosdesign.eu
No Smoking The Future (Italy) – www.nosmokingthefuture.com
Nodus (Italy) – www.nodusrug.it
officine sensibili (Italy) – www.instagram.com/officinesensibili/
Paola Paronetto e Giovanni Botticelli (Italy) – www.paola-paronetto.com e giovannibotticelli.eu
Patriarca Edizioni (Italy) – www.macmamau.it
PdiPigna + Ceramica Francesco De Maio (Italy) – pdipigna.it e www.francescodemaio.it
Pezzi di Napoli (Italy)
Positional – Rubbettino – Lanificio Leo (Italy) – www.positional.it, www.store.rubbettinoeditore.it, www.lanificioleo.it
Project 213A (Portugal) – www.project213a.com
ruga.perissinotto (Italy) – www.rugaperissinotto.it
San Patrignano Design Lab (Italy) – designlab.sanpatrignano.org/it
Spazio Materiae (Italy) – www.spaziomateriae.com
Stamuli (Sweden) – stamuli.com
studiointervallo (Italy) – www.studiointervallo.com
Sublimio – thatsaprile.com
Twils (Italy) – www.twils.it
Very Simple Kitchen + La Pietra Compattata (Italy) – www.verysimplekitchen.com lapietracompattata.it
Alice Crepaldi (Italy – UK) – www.instagram.com/alicrepaldi
AMEBE Design (Italy) – amebe.it
Anni Luce (Italy) – www.anniluce.info
Baiba Glass (Latvia) – www.baibaglass.com
casa remedios by serena cancellier e Mercedes Salazar (France) – www.casaremedios.com
Caterina Frongia (Italy) – caterinafrongia.com
Corpus Studio (France) – www.corpus.studio
Elli Design (Italy) – www.ellidesignfurniture.it
Elpom Ceramics (France) – elpom-studio.eu
Inderjeet Sandhu (Netherlands – India) – www.inderjeetsandhu.com
Julia Chiaramonti (Italy – France) – juliachiaramonti.com
Nareg Krikorian (Lebanese/Armenian based in London) – www.naregkrikorian.com
Paolo Marasi Design (Italy)
Rasha Hashoush (Lebanon)
Riccardo Cenedella (Italy) – riccardocenedella.com
rub objects (Italy)
Salienti (Switzerland) – www.salienti.ch
Sarah Roseman (Netherlands – Canada) – sarahroseman.com
Sofie Leeenen (Netherlands) – sofieleenen.com/
Sordile (Netherlands) – www.sordile.com
Studio Ethnos (Italy) – www.ethnosdesign.it
Studio JOACHIM-MORINEAU (Netherlands) – studiojoachimmorineau.com
Studio Musa (Italy) – studio-musa.it
WM Metal Design (Italy) – www.williammulas.com